What does it mean to have recurring dreams of being in high school?
There are several types of scenarios which are common for this type of dream.
- Being late class
- Getting lost or losing important things
- Not having enough credits to graduate
- Being embarrassed or bullied in some way
There are others as well but these are ones I’ve seen recently.
- Metaphors First
- All Humans are Equal
- Humans are Dual-Natured…lower nature (ego) & Higher nature (True Self)
- All dreams give us guidance for where our lower nature is operating in our life & where our True Self wants us to develop
- Recurring dreams reveal and issue (with our ego) that started at that age we are in the dream
- When we solve the ego issue then the positive qualities of our True Self can open up
With this in mind, here is the breakdown of recurring dreams of school.
Schools are places of learning. So to dream of a school is about being in a “condition or mindset of learning.” What is there to learn? The thing to learn is how did the negative experiences in high school shape us and where are there some left over negative emotions that need to be processed.
The problem with a lot of high schools is that they are run by administration who are funded by the government with their own motives or agendas. These agendas have more to do with creating a culture of consumers than focusing on developing the positive innate qualities of students. This creates a friction for students who are creative thinkers, have adventurous spirits, and who want to be innovators. It can feel like being a round post being forced into a square hole. It’s uncomfortable and can cause negative thoughts, emotions and behaviours which can last long into adulthood.
The other common negative experience comes from other peers. This goes without saying that a lot of bullying and peer-pressure happens in high school. The hurtful words and actions of others can cause feelings of sadness, embarrassment or fear which can last for many years. Having some strategies for going back to that time period, in your mind, and doing some healing work, will help bring about an understanding of what positive qualities could have been developed at that time. With this understanding, they can now start to be developed in the present.
Subscribe to go more in-depth in the transformation work
Learn how to interpret your own dreams and dive deep into the transformation experience