20 October 2017
In the strongest image from last night’s dream, I am sitting on a couch with a single mom who doesn’t have enough money to keep the house in good repair for her children. At first I think it’s no big deal but the closer I look I notice just how badly things have gotten for her. Even the couch we are sitting on is broken, missing cushions and badly worn & torn. The condition she’s in brings me to tears but then she looks at me questioning what has upset me. “Nothing,” I tell her. “I’m fine.” But I’m not fine. I’m horrified by what she’s going through and that no one has helped her.
That’s all I could remember when I woke up but once I started writing I also remembered that I dreamed of Pearl Jam’s lead singer Eddie Vedder.
In the dream, he was calling me and asking me to hang out. I am saying, “Yes,” and am figuring out how to hang out with him. It seems at first he’d be bored with the things I do in my day but he says he wants to and it would be fine. We have a lengthy conversation and he’s coming over. It’s exciting.
02 September 2017
In the dream, I was visiting friends, sitting on a couch watching TV. Someone brought out a bong and some weed and we all started smoking it. I watched how the others inhaled through their mouth & nose and then copied them. They passed it all around and then re-filled it and were going to pass it around again but then someone from next door banged on the door telling us we were being too noisy and to go to bed.
I just sat there on the couch, feeling really high, watching the TV.
A friend who is dressed as a police officer in the dream comes over and she was high too. She flopped on the couch and we started laughing together.
Getting high in a dream is a metaphor for going to high states of mind or being. In real life, it’s not advisable to use any sort of stimulant to alter the mind and perception, nor is it recommended to become attached to any material object or person. It’s also always wise to practice living within the bounds of moderation in all things. So in real life, smoking weed is not the ideal way to “get high.”
But in the dream it is the perfect metaphor for rising above the limiting conditions of this world and getting to a positive state of mind.
The dream is saying that I can get myself to a really high state of mind and be comfortable with it. I join in with a group so that also means that I can be in an uplifted and elevated state of mind with others as well.
This is about having a positive perspective and arising above challenges & limitations in day-to-day living.
27 May 2017
- Am at a family gathering, auntie asks me how old I am and says I’m older than him and then she realizes she doesn’t even know his age and leaves to go ask him
- I am in an area where there are kids playing and a small tipi and kids are a bit chaotic. An Elder sits at the front of the tipi in a cross-legged prayer pose
- I leave the room
- Someone from the family tells me he is praying there and invites/tells me to go back
- I am back in the room with the Elder praying and I don’t know what to do next
- I am at the bottom of a large sky-scraper with a tall and steep driveway, covered with ice and snow
- I am thinking I want to go up that hill but there are cars parked all the way up
- I see a large truck maneuver down the hill on a path through the cars
- I See I could drive my car up there
- I hesitate because it’s steep and slippery
- I watch several trucks go down and see it’s possible to do the same going up
- I am driving on an road and someone infront of me has been doing drugs
- A friend behind me is texting to watch out for him and to help him out
- I am thinking my friend is fine at first but then I see him swerve and stuff
- We stop at a traffic light
- I text something like “Stop Driving. Get off the road” but I don’t send it
- He crosses the road and has a collision on the side of the road
- I pull over to help
- I answer questions to other police
- I realize when I said I saw he was having issues that the reason I was aware was the texts but I shouldn’t have been texting when driving.
- I am lying and say I didn’t text.
- I am realizing I have to tell them I texted because they may check my phone and I think of making a joke about the texts I did make.
- It is true that I didn’t text AND that I did. Hard to explain though.
- I am seeing kids getting high on some cheap drugs and I notice what they are doing but it seems harmless so I let it go.
29 August 2017
In the dream, I go with my daughter and sister to my Mom’s house. It’s cluttered, messy & dirty. My daughter is really young. At one time she’s about 3 years old and then another time she’s an infant. In the dream, I wanted to learn from my mom about how to be a caring mother but instead she was following me around the apartment and criticizing me.
I took good care of my daughter based on instinct, despite the environment being cluttered and messy. I wrapped her up in warm clothes and talked to her sweetly. Told her I loved her.
Then when I looked up my mom had 3 guns. She kept one for herself and gave one to my dad and one to my sister. She started aiming and firing at me, and my daughter.
I couldn’t get all three guns out of their hands so I called 911 and they said they’d send someone over but while I was talking on the phone then she changed her approach. She stopped firing but she started speaking in really negative words. I told her that her negative words are just like bullets, emotional bullets. She didn’t stop.
Then I grabbed her face and lips and tried to shut them.
She acted like an android and did not have a natural human response to that kind of stimuli. She didn’t flinch. She didn’t move a muscle and tried to just keep talking in her poisonous words.
I became filled with rage and felt like I wanted to kill her. To stop her and to end her violence. But I am not a killer. So I just pushed her away. She returned to the kitchen as though looking for something, like a cup to pour coffee in.
I was still on the phone with the officer and asked directions on how to get out of here.
Next I was on a Go Train and my sister was with me. She was tried from all the fighting and she rested her head on my lap. We got to our stop and got off but I didn’t really recognize where we were. I was carrying my daughter as an infant with us and got on a bike but then had to get off when the hill became too steep.
I walked the bike to the bottom and someone told me I’d have to pay Google for use of the bike because of some new trademark thing. I thought it was ridiculous.
Also I saw someone who wanted to commit suicide and I encouraged him not to.
Lastly, I bought something for $87 and it came out of my account which only had $94. I wondered when things will change.